So you might be wondering who I am, and why I created Formidable Career. Well, here’s my story.
The chances of anyone at school predicting I’d go on to leadership roles in the corporate world were pretty slim. Shy, quiet, anxious; I didn’t lead a sports team, become a prefect or do anything that would mean putting my head above the parapet. Heck, I expect most of those in my year wouldn’t even remember my name.
So when I studied for a marketing degree and started out in the corporate jungle people would say to me ‘Aren’t you too quiet tor that?’; ‘You’re too nice to get anywhere in business.’; ‘I don’t think this is really for you.’
I began to believe them.
A few years later, I thought my career choice had been a massive mistake. My ambitions clearly outstripped my abilities, I was never going to get anywhere, and I was miserable about it.
That is …
…until someone believed in me. Someone saw something in me no one else did. And with some coaching, mentoring and training, I began to realise that those super-slick leaders I admired weren’t necessarily super beings, but ordinary folk who’d simply learnt the skills and tools they needed to lead.
It took me a looooong time to begin to believe in my potential again. But there were some things that really helped with the process. I want to share these with you so that you too can have the business or career of your dreams.
We all have the capacity to be leaders. I believe in you.
Here are just some of the skills and experience that I can share with you:
- 15 years of corporate experience
- Best Companies 3 Star manager
- Participated in two corporate talent development programmes
- Leadership training
- BA (Hons) Marketing
- CIPR Accredited Practitioner
- APM Project Fundamentals qualification
- Change Management Foundation and Practitioner quaification
- Advanced Stakeholder Engagement training
- Sales training
- Crisis Communications diploma
- Lean Six Sigma ‘white belt’
- Creative and copy writing
- Developing thought-leadership strategies
- Coaching and mentoring